reminiscing about new zealand

Well I was over in New Zealand for roughly 3 weeks recently. For those who don't know why I was over there, in short, I took part in teaching youth how to make movies using their stories. This was a missions trip for a non-profit organization called Inside|Out. And while we taught them how to make movies, we also proclaimed the Word of Christ.
So I knew this was going to be good and was pretty amped for it. I talked with Beth, the person in charge, for something like a month and I was sold and had tickets ready to go. God showed me the road, said 'Go', and I ran.
But like I said in my last post, after returning from Romania, it wasn't that I wasn't expecting God to move in New Zealand but I didn't want to anticipate anything.
Maybe I should of looked at the dotted line I signed with God for this trip, for some sort of stipulation saying that I was going to get "messed up" on this one.
****************************
New Zealand is a beautiful place. I see the crashing coast line, rolling green hills, and under water majesty and I left thinking, "Wow, God, this is amazing."
But still, the same in Romania, it's the people where I truly see God. The kids in Romania who's faces and stories will always be printed on my heart and mind. They blessed me more then I could ever ask for.
****************************
So then I entered into my time there, knowing that New Zealand is absolutely beautiful and knowing that I was going to meet a lot of people, varying ages, varying stories, varying walks in lives, varying places with God.
This is obvious though right when you 1) Go on a missions trip and 2) Go to another country?
What I found, or I should say, revealed to is just one reason I am typing this blog now (1:36 AM), because it has waited much too long.
I briefly spoke of this while I was there to the group and I wanted to do it again, as I continue to reminisce about New Zealand.
Thank you.
All of you that I met there, don't even think for a second too that I am not talking to you students too. The way God used you in my situation when I arrived, the time I spent in fellowship with you all there, and now is/was nothing short of His perfect timing....
You all showed me 'church' as God had intended, at Jesus's heart.
Taking risks, taking steps toward something Bigger.
People coming together regardless of denomination for one purpose....Him....reaching the unreached.
Giving up valuable time.
Finishing strong though sickness and fatigue.
Prayer warriors that trust that He will answer and continue to pray for me.
Staying up all night and sometimes day.
Accountability partners: watching, asking, prying, listening, praying fervently.
Serving without any remorse.
Planning for what's next while praising God for what He continues to do with the past.
'Real' Christians...willing to laugh, have a good time, tell it how it is, live life together.
Opening up at times, making yourself vulnerable.
Creating a program meant to educate but also pave a way/plant seeds.
All for one reason...for Him and his Kingdom.
I could go on and I could name names but seriously would take forever (I know I just tried) and I don't want to forget anyone. Because of all of you, I am coming back with so much of what I just listed. I pray for the fire to continue to rage in me and all of you.
I look forward to the contact I have with some of you and pray we may meet again (and pray for you all). I am forever thankful for what you all did during my time there and I can selfishly say, for what you did for/to me and how God impacted me there.
So, thank you.
Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave...just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His live as a ransom for many.
Matthew 20:26 - 28

2 comments:
don't for a second think that your footprints didn't go unnoticed, I am going to respond to your email, just have trouble with thinking way too hard about what I write for fear of being misunderstood, and subsiquently takes ages to get anyhting down...
you will be hearing from me soon
greg
hey tim that was awesome thanks for your time here in new zealand we grateful that the lord has lead you on a awesomely beatiful journey around the world to help us tell our stories and achieve so much =] cheers
kelsey
Post a Comment