Credibility
When some people go along in life and make mistakes or something bad happens, they say that they took the wrong path or went along with the wrong plan or something like that.
I have found myself saying that too. Something like, "I chose to do what I wanted to do and not what should of been done or I didn't do what God wanted me to do and thus this disaster happened".
And don't get me wrong, most of the time that is true.
But what I am ranting about is the other side of the dime. Doing things right. We focus so intensely on not screwing up or doing things wrong that we don't give ourselves any credibility for making correct choices.
Because, much to our dismay, sometimes our plans or courses of action do line up with God's.
What?
You mean to tell me if we faithfully follow God that our plans could in fact be His plans?
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3
Well that seems obvious right? Many people think ONLY if God lays out the plan before them, plain as day, then that would be the correct choice.
All I am saying is that we as Christians need to stop being like hurt puppies. Yes, go to the lord with your life choices and next steps in your path. But know that:
1)That if you are committed to the Lord, your plans can be His. So have confidence when making choices that many can be correct.
but more importantly
2)Whatever choice you make, right or wrong, God will be there and He will use the correct/incorrect choice to draw closer to Him.
You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence. Acts 2:28

No comments:
Post a Comment