11.19.2007

Old becomes new

So I recently went to a show for a band I had been listening to for quite some years. Not my favorite band in the world, but a band I enjoy none-the-less. The newest CD was actually pretty disappointing so there was a part of me that was kind of worried about the show that they would put on with the new songs. After hearing that they were the headlining band, I grew even more discouraged.

"Maybe after the first band (which I wanted to see more), I can leave."

Well to my dismay, they put on a great show...great sound, great performance, overall great message they brought to their audience. Their new songs were conveyed with vitality and enthusiasm and their old song's had new energy brought to them.

After the show I popped in the new CD and decided to give them a try again and BANG! Because of the first hand, in your face experience of seeing them live, breathed new life into what I originally didn't enjoy and what had grown old to me.

Just as life goes, experiencing something again conjures up familiar and sometimes new feelings. Smelling a scent that reminds you of when your mom cooked something just for you when you were a child, hearing a song that reminds of you warm summer nights with a cool breeze at your back, or seeing a familiar face that brings warmth to your soul.

As I get tired of cycle of life or get drawn into taking things for granted I need to immerse myself into something that revitalizes, breathes new life into what brought me to where I am today...what breathes life into me now.

2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments: